[hibernate-dev] [OGM] Sprint organization

Emmanuel Bernard emmanuel at hibernate.org
Mon Feb 23 04:46:55 EST 2015

On Mon 2015-02-23  9:15, Gunnar Morling wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for grooming the backlog and preparing these releases!
>
> I'm curious how the weekly release scheme is going to work out. In the last
> two sprints we created none (although I thought we wanted to release HS?)
> and one (HV, as planned) release. Planning for four releases now may be
> over-stretching it a bit, esp. when splitting up powers as we do in the
> first week. I would have planned for 4.1.2 and a 4.2 release.

Let's see how much we can crank this week.
You guys keep telling me doing a release does not take much time per se.

4.1.2 is easy I think. The challenge is 4.2.0.Alpha1, but let's decide
later this week and code first.

> As you say, it's too many issues, we will not be able to do them all.
> Personally, I like a realistic schedule more, IMO it gives you a better
> sense of achievement if you actually managed to tackle what you had
> planned. Now we'll more likely get the feeling that we failed to do half of
> the things planned (as we know that's expected, still I find it
> sub-optimal).

My problem was, when do I stop ? 1 issue, 7 issues, 42 issues ?
Let's code and see how far we are end of each week.

> The 4.1.2/4.2 release split make sense. It may be a good idea to either
> pull you, Emmanuel, or Sanne (which I wouldn't count as a newbie in terms
> of OGM) over to 4.2 issues at some stage, depending on the progress we make
> with the respective backlogs.

Yes that was my idea as well but the email was getting too long.