[hibernate-dev] Branching strategy in OGM

Gunnar Morling gunnar at hibernate.org
Thu Feb 26 10:26:47 EST 2015

We did it intentionally that way to avoid any kind of back/forward porting
and keep the history linear.

It's not that these branches are there for a long time, probably only until
tomorrow. 4.2 is meant to be rebased onto master and finally fast-forward
merged to master once 4.1.2 is out. Would be something different if there
was a long-lasting 4.1 branch which needs parallel maintenance, then I'd do
what you suggest.

--Gunnar