[hibernate-dev] [OGM] Store objects as actual typed objects via the native grid format

Emmanuel Bernard emmanuel at hibernate.org
Tue Jan 13 12:24:31 EST 2015

> On 13 Jan 2015, at 18:06, Emmanuel Bernard <emmanuel at hibernate.org> wrote:
>
> Note that the user here (see question c), also asks for the ability to denormalize the data and store a full object graph as one key and only a subset as a second key which is something we want to do but that we don’t have right now.

Actually, even that could be done by an ad-hoc dialect which would store the full entity graph in one schema / cache and the normal (according to OGM) entity in another schema/cache. The Dialect does not give you the entity graph but since we now know how to batch work, we could apply all changes on the virtual entry about to be persisted. This is essentially what we do in MongoDB’s dialect that we could replicate here.

Also, the POF(s) / Protobuf(s) for a given entity could be defined via the option system at the entity level

    @Entity @UsingSchema(“someSchemaId”)
    public Foo { … }

How to chose one vs the other at query time (via OGM) is what we are the farthest from I suspect.

Emmanuel