[hibernate-dev] [HSEARCH] *.next Jira versions

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Tue Jan 27 17:41:02 EST 2015

Ok, all outdated versions are now either pruned or archived.

I'm still keeping 4.4.next and 4.5.next around for a little longer, as
some final touches are needed before we close these.

What's the suggestion for components?

These I'd want to keep:
 - documentation
 - testing
 - build
I guess these never were much of a source of confusion?

These I don't think are a good fit any more - unless we want a very
precise granularity:
 - optimizer (Any Optimizer is deprecated)
 - directory provider (Except the MasterDP, they are all trivial -
we'd probably focus on the more general IndexManager nowadays)

These I think are quite well defined, but I'm not sure if we're all on
the same page:
 - backend
 - query
 - serialization
 - spatial
 - mapping

The "infinispan" is becoming tricky. It used to be just "those things
in the /infinispan module", but nowadays we have many more
interactions - not least some issues have been tagged with this with
the (wrong IMO) meaning of "needed for Infinispan" as in blocking some
issue in the Infinispan Query project.

But remember that deleting unused components has consequences: affects
a thousand closed issues. I'd rather accept that these will not be
used much anymore.
Adding new components also better be worth it, as you'd have to accept
either of two evils:
 A) you'll need to re-classify all existing issues
 B) you'll have to accept that old issues won't show up classified
nicely, in case you're searching for them or looking at per-component
metrics over time..

Sanne