[hibernate-dev] [Search] Deprecating the @Key annotation

Gunnar Morling gunnar at hibernate.org
Thu Jan 29 11:25:11 EST 2015

> Hi,
>
> > It would be nice to simply remove the references to @Key in the
> > documentation, and avoid trying to explain when to choose between the
> > two alternatives.
> >
> > This would imply to deprecate the annotation.. any objection?
>
> +1 for not mentioning it in the docs. Not sure whether this implies that
> we need to deprecate it as well, but I have no hard feelings if we do.

I wouldn't like to remove it from the docs without deprecating it. It'd
appear as if a) we'd have forgotten to document this stuff or b) it's stuff
where no-one knows it's there and whether it works or not.

My vote goes for doc removal + deprecation in 5.1., followed by the removal
in 5.2 / 6 (depending on what the project guideline for this sort of change
is).