[hibernate-dev] WildFly BeanValidationCdiIntegrationTestCase test failure with ORM 5

Hardy Ferentschik hardy at hibernate.org
Wed Jul 8 09:53:24 EDT 2015

Hi,

> http://pastebin.com/4X0h1VPA is the call stack in.  We are in the second
> bootstrap phase, which is good.  The validator factory is passed into the
> integration properties but we are only checking the persistence unit
> properties in ORM 5.  Since we are not looking in the integration properties
> for the "javax.persistence.validation.factory", we are not seeing it.  So
> your are right on the money, great suggestion.

I am not sure how this all maps to the different phases and properties types, but
the JPA specs says in 3.6.2 Providing the ValidatorFactory -

"In Java EE environments, a ValidatorFactory instance is made available by the Java EE container.
The container is responsible for passing this validator factory to the persistence provider via the
map that is passed as an argument to the createContainerEntityManagerFactory call. The
map key used by the container must be the standard property name javax.persistence.validation.
factory"

I am not sure where the properties of this map end up during the current bootstrapping process,
but where ever that is, that's where we have to look in TypeSafeActivator (and potentially ask us
the question whether it is the right place).

> I'll check next why the
> EntityManagerFactoryBuilder.withValidatorFactory(ValidatorFactory) is also
> ignored.

Sure. Seems we have a solid lead now.

--Hardy