[hibernate-dev] HQLScrollFetchTest

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Sat Jul 18 14:09:35 EDT 2015

Gail, etal.

I have a lot of questions in regards to HQLScrollFetchTest:

1) First is the split between it and NoIdentityHQLScrollFetchTest.  I do
not fully understand why this split exists.  They test the same thing
(literally; NoIdentityHQLScrollFetchTest extends HQLScrollFetchTest and
just supplies a different mapping).  The mapping says something about
Sybase requiring the pk to be an IDENTITY in order for it to support
scrolling results.  But I could find no mention of that anywhere via google
search.

2) HQLScrollFetchTest#testScroll is skipped for a huge list of dialects.  I
only even started looking at this class because this test is failing when I
try to run it against MySQL/MariaDB (these are not listed for skipping).
But looking at the test, there is no expectation that this should ever work
for any database.  The reason being that we completely expect the user to
"properly order" the query results for scrolling queries with fetches.  The
test does not do that.  TBH, I do not know what Dialect this test would
actually pass against.