[hibernate-dev] Enum mapping in hbm.xml

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Mon Jul 20 13:05:07 EDT 2015

Well, first things first :)

Does anyone disagree with making this a requirement to be fully expressed
in the mapping?  In other words, does anyone disagree fully resolving the
"enum type" (ordinal/name)
in org.hibernate.type.EnumType#setParameterValues?

This would mean getting rid of the hooks in nullSafeSet/nullSafeGet as they
would be pointless.

As far as the default type, I don't feel that strongly.  Like I said, to me
neither is a really compelling way to map enums; names are only slightly
better that ordinals imo.  I am ok with the consistency aspect.