[hibernate-dev] [OGM] IRC meeting

Gunnar Morling gunnar at hibernate.org
Wed Jul 22 02:54:32 EDT 2015

> Hi all,
> thanks for the log, and sorry for the silence: it's very hard to find
> a minute of the day in which the wi-fi actually works here.

Yeah, I can imagine it's a tough challenge to get connection on the sunny
beaches of Crete ;)

I'd be happy to work on the ES backend, but it was my impression that
> the Infinispan / hot rod one was an higher strategical priority?
> Playing with ES would be a nice choice for me as I need to familiarize
> with it for Hibernate Search too.

+1 for doing ISPN remote with highest prio. My hope still is you could take
a look at this PR (it's rather small) in parallel. I don't think you really
need to "work" on the ES backend, just give the contributor some feedback.
I also plan to give a look at it, in order to get acquainted with ES.

I'll send a separate email to start some brainstorming on the Hot Rod
> dialect, I'm afraid it will need some exploring.

+1 Looking forward to that.

Thanks,