[hibernate-dev] [OGM] GridDialect facets

Davide D'Alto daltodavide at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 04:59:09 EDT 2015

>> I have been adding a facet to GridDialect and found it surprisingly hard:
>
> What is a facet in this context.

Facet are additional interfaces that can be used on a GridDialect to add
features to it, like support for optimistic locking, batching or native id
generation.

> non datastore dialect? Is it not one dialect per datastore?

Emmanuel is talking about some decorator classes the we use in different
scenarios. They will delegate the operations to the datastore dialect but
will execute some additional logic
before/after. For example, the GridDialectLogger will add some log before
delegating the operations to selected dialect.

> * I’m also concerned about facet discoverability, I don’t think it’s
trivial for a dialect implementor to get the list of facets easily, which
will tend to bring minimal dialects without the advanced features.

Right, we could create an empty interface to flag them.