[hibernate-dev] MariaDB on CI

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Sun Jul 26 04:11:03 EDT 2015

On 23 July 2015 at 17:41, Steve Ebersole <steve at hibernate.org> wrote:
> Another change is to make sure our test user has create/drop privileges on
> all databases, and to be able to create/drop databases:
>
> grant create, drop on *.* to 'hibernate_orm_test'@'localhost';
>
> We will need similar for the other databases too.

That limitation was actually intentional.

I think most users will have Hibernate connect via a
limited-privileged user, so you don't think there would be value in us
actually testing using the more limited privileges?

I'm ok to change it, but - unless it's too inconvenient to get current
tests reliable - I'd prefer to create a second user for when test
infrastructure code need to create/drop databases. Why are you needing
this?

-- Sanne