[hibernate-dev] Query handling : Antlr 3 versus Antlr 4

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Tue Jun 16 17:04:56 EDT 2015

I am not so sure that manually building a tree that would work with
listeners/visitors generated from a second grammar is going to be an
option.  I have asked on SO and on the Antlr discussion group and basically
got no responses as to how that might be possible.  See
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/antlr-discussion/vBkwCovqHcI

So the question is whether generating a semantic tree that is not Antlr
specific is a viable alternative.  I think it is.  And we can still provide
hand written listener and or visitor for processing this.