[hibernate-dev] WildFly 10 + Hibernate ORM 5 integration status update...

Scott Marlow smarlow at redhat.com
Thu Jun 18 12:17:30 EDT 2015

On 06/18/2015 11:59 AM, Sanne Grinovero wrote:
> On 18 June 2015 at 15:55, Scott Marlow <smarlow at redhat.com> wrote:
>> Sanne,
>>
>> The [1] pull request to bring Jipijapa source into WildFly master is merged.
>>
>> I pushed a copy of the (work in progress) ORM 5 changes to github [2].
>>
>> Is there a WildFly pull request for the changes to upgrade to Hibernate
>> Search 5.4.0.Alpha1?  I didn't see one but I might of missed it.
>
> No there isn't, as Hibernate Search 5.4.0.Alpha1 *requires* Hibernate
> ORM 5.0.0.CR1.

What needs to change on WildFly for the Hibernate Search upgrade?  I
started with just changing the WildFly (top level) pom.xml to reference
HS 5.4.0.Alpha1.  Do you expect that the latest ORM master branch will
work with HS 5.4.0.Alpha1 or is ORM 5.0.0.CR1 better?

Locally, I am building the latest ORM master (built from source) and
using Hibernate Search 5.4.0.Alpha1.  When running the WildFly
testsuite, I see a few different errors.  One of them is from the
HibernateSearchJPATestCase.testFullTextQuery test.
http://pastebin.com/Q5xLrkpT shows the WildFly server.log contents from
the Hibernate Search test.