[hibernate-dev] WildFly 10 + Hibernate ORM 5 integration status update...

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Thu Jun 18 12:37:04 EDT 2015

On 18 June 2015 at 17:17, Scott Marlow <smarlow at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 06/18/2015 11:59 AM, Sanne Grinovero wrote:
>>
>> On 18 June 2015 at 15:55, Scott Marlow <smarlow at redhat.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Sanne,
>>>
>>> The [1] pull request to bring Jipijapa source into WildFly master is
>>> merged.
>>>
>>> I pushed a copy of the (work in progress) ORM 5 changes to github [2].
>>>
>>> Is there a WildFly pull request for the changes to upgrade to Hibernate
>>> Search 5.4.0.Alpha1?  I didn't see one but I might of missed it.
>>

>> No there isn't, as Hibernate Search 5.4.0.Alpha1 *requires* Hibernate
>> ORM 5.0.0.CR1.
>

> What needs to change on WildFly for the Hibernate Search upgrade?

Nothing else changes. Just change the Hibernate Search version when
you change the Hibernate ORM version.

> I started
> with just changing the WildFly (top level) pom.xml to reference HS
> 5.4.0.Alpha1.

+1

>  Do you expect that the latest ORM master branch will work
> with HS 5.4.0.Alpha1 or is ORM 5.0.0.CR1 better?

I didn't test the latest ORM master branch, but it will work with ORM 5.0.0.CR1.

> Locally, I am building the latest ORM master (built from source) and using
> Hibernate Search 5.4.0.Alpha1.  When running the WildFly testsuite, I see a
> few different errors.  One of them is from the
> HibernateSearchJPATestCase.testFullTextQuery test.
> http://pastebin.com/Q5xLrkpT shows the WildFly server.log contents from the
> Hibernate Search test.

That looks like related to an Hibernate ORM change, not Search.
The entity used for that test doesn't declare the fields as "public";
that used to be ok in previous versions.
You could workaround it by changing the test to use either public
fields or traditional getters/setters?
But we should check with Steve if that change was intentional? For
now, better to workaround it in the test so we don't get stuck.

Thanks!
Sanne