[hibernate-dev] Infinispan JTA lookup

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Mon Jun 22 08:11:18 EDT 2015

Hi Martin,
I don't think you'll be able to convince the Infinispan of doing that:
one of the major burdens of using Infinispan for users is that it is
composed of so many jars, so we'll actually try to make the number of
dependencies smaller. Apparently a lot of people do not know how to
use dependency managers like Maven and struggle with such things.. :-(

I'd also question the usefulness of doing this: even if the platform /
container you're using does provide some JTA capability, it's not
necessary the same one as your JPA implementor is being configured to
use (some people really like to just use the JDBC transactions).
Hibernate ORM has a similar Service to abstract "how" exactly to
interact with transactions; I understand you don't want to rely on the
Hibernate specific one but other JPA implementors would probably have
a similar facility?

Maybe we should just make an Hibernate Search "Service" for this and
let users plug their custom one? You could provide a couple of
implementations to satisfy the needs of the main JPA implementations.

Cheers,
Sanne