[hibernate-dev] Scanning and META-INF/orm.xml

Emmanuel Bernard emmanuel at hibernate.org
Mon Mar 9 06:18:06 EDT 2015

AFAIR only the META-INF/orm.xml file present in the JAR containing META-INF/persistence.xml is handled automatically. Also <jar> references will be taken into account.

The spec mentions

An object/relational mapping XML file named orm.xml may be specified in the META-INF directory in the root of the persistence unit or in the META-INF directory of any jar file referenced by the persistence.xml.