[hibernate-dev] Question about Jandex composite indexes passed into via "hibernate.jandex_index" and whether ORM keeps a strong reference to Jandex indexes after deployment...

Scott Marlow smarlow at redhat.com
Wed Mar 18 13:44:18 EDT 2015

On 03/18/2015 01:05 PM, Steve Ebersole wrote:
> Well I should also clarify that currently we are not using Jandex.  That
> was all work done as part of the mapping/metamodel redesign which we
> decided to push to 6.0.

I assume you mean the master (5.0) code base doesn't use Jandex but it
looks like [2] in 4.3, is building/using the Jandex index.

How big of a change would it be to use Jandex (via
"hibernate.jandex_index") in ORM 4.3/5.0 mapping?  Would be nice to have
a comparison of how long it takes to deploy a large application with and
without Jandex.

Scott

[2]
https://github.com/hibernate/hibernate-orm/blob/4.3/hibernate-entitymanager/src/main/java/org/hibernate/jpa/boot/internal/EntityManagerFactoryBuilderImpl.java