[hibernate-dev] Question about Jandex composite indexes passed into via "hibernate.jandex_index" and whether ORM keeps a strong reference to Jandex indexes after deployment...

Scott Marlow smarlow at redhat.com
Wed Mar 18 14:56:15 EDT 2015

On 03/18/2015 01:53 PM, Steve Ebersole wrote:
> Out of curiosity though, since you want more and more and more things
> pushed to "second phase bootstrapping", I am curious how this new
> expectation plays in with that.  Specifically, us "using" Jandex will
> certainly include us accessing classes, unless Jason has added the
> expanded capabilities he and I have discussed to Jandex wrt accessing
> Class members outside of the annotations they may or may not have.

If we use the application classloader during the "first phase
bootstrapping", entity class enhancement will not work (application
classes will be loaded before they can be rewritten).  Classloading
during the "first phase bootstrapping" with
javax.persistence.spi.PersistenceUnitInfo.getNewTempClassLoader() would
still work with entity class enhancement.