[hibernate-dev] Trying Hibernate 5.0.0.Beta1

Petar Tahchiev paranoiabla at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 18:07:16 EDT 2015

Hi guys,

I just tried the latest beta and I cannot compile my project. With the
latest hibernate 4.3.X I was able to do this:
-------
        final org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration configuration =
getHibernateConfiguration();
        configuration.buildMappings();
        final SchemaUpdate schemaUpdate = new SchemaUpdate(configuration);
-------

however it seems that the SchemaUpdate constructor has been removed and now
a new one is added:
--------
    public SchemaUpdate(MetadataImplementor metadata) {
        this( metadata.getMetadataBuildingOptions().getServiceRegistry(),
metadata );
    }
---------

Also the configuration.buildMappings() method has been deprecated. Where do
I get the MetadataImplementor from? Also is there any changelog I can refer
to?

Thanks.
--
Regards, Petar!