[hibernate-dev] [!] Changing the Faceting API in Hibernate Search

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Fri May 1 14:57:55 EDT 2015

So here is what I did.  I think this is the best compromise, short of us
hand crafting the keywords for each and every one of our Dialects...

1) I added this method to Dialect:

/**
 * Hook into auto-quoting of identifiers that are deemed to be keywords.
By default we
 * return all of the following here:<ul>
 *     <li>all keywords as defined by ANSI SQL:2003 specification</li>
 *     <li>all "extra" keywords reported by the JDBC driver </li>
 *     <li>all extra Dialect keywords</li>
 * </ul>
 * NOTE: The code that ultimately consumes these and uses them stores them
in a case-insensitive
 * Set, so case here does not matter.
 *
 * @see org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.env.spi.AnsiSqlKeywords#sql2003()
 * @see java.sql.DatabaseMetaData#getSQLKeywords()
 * @see #getKeywords()
 */
public Set<String> determineKeywordsForAutoQuoting(Set<String>
databaseMetadataReportedKeywords) {
final Set<String> keywords = new HashSet<String>();
keywords.addAll( AnsiSqlKeywords.INSTANCE.sql2003() );
keywords.addAll( databaseMetadataReportedKeywords );
keywords.addAll( getKeywords() );
return keywords;
}

2) Changed up JdbcEnvironment to use this method rather than just calling
Dialect#getKeywords

3) Deprecated Dialect#getKeywords