[hibernate-dev] [!] Changing the Faceting API in Hibernate Search

Hardy Ferentschik hardy at hibernate.org
Mon May 4 04:33:16 EDT 2015

Hi,

On Mon, May 04, 2015 at 09:11:06AM +0200, Gunnar Morling wrote:
> +1 for merging this work and making the changed behaviour very apparent in
> the migration notes  / announcement.

+1 as well.

As I mentioned on the pull request, this is such a long standing issue and
a topic which we keep getting many questions and requests from users.
If it does not get merged now, I would assume it would not get in until Search 6
which imo is ways to late.

> Btw. in addition to @Facet, it should be possible to enable specific fields
> for faceting via the mapping API (if that's not part of the PR yet). Then a
> user could programmatically enable faceting for all fields if that's what
> they need.

Good idea. ATM it is not possible yet and I created https://hibernate.atlassian.net/browse/HSEARCH-1862
to track this. Probably a nice task for the next Search sprint.

--Hardy