[hibernate-dev] [wildfly-dev] WildFly 9.0.0.CR1 is released!

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Tue May 5 12:47:58 EDT 2015

FWIW, those hooks in Hibernate 5 already exist, based on Jandex 1, of
course :)

We are not currently using Jandex.  That was work happening under the
metamodel redesign, which we had to push to 6.0.

When we do start using Jandex, the plan is to use the provided Jandex as a
base.  But the problem always has been that Hibernate needs to augment that
information from orm.xml.  Also we do have to manage cases outside of
WildFly, so we'd have to build the Index manually.  Also, I want to look at
the building of an index as a build-time step, storing some representation
of that index into the artifact.  We can then locate that representation at
runtime and load it via resource lookup, depending on what that saves/gains
us perf wise (tbd).  Again this along with the passed Jandex index serve as
the base index.  We at least still need to do that augmentation as Jandex
does not handle that at all.

What is "end of deployment"?  Is that the end of phase-2 in our 2-phase JPA
bootstrap design?  If so, that should be fine.