[hibernate-dev] Problems upgrading ORM 4.3 branch to use Infinispan 7.2.1.Final

Galder Zamarreño galder at redhat.com
Mon May 11 11:35:08 EDT 2015

> On 11 May 2015, at 17:26, Sanne Grinovero <sanne at hibernate.org> wrote:
>
> Any reason to not upgrade Hibernate ORM 4.3 to use Infinispan 7.2.1.Final ?
> Was Infinispan 6 friendly to JDK 6 users?

Yup, Infinispan 6 requires JDK 6, and Infinispan 7 requires JDK7.

Also, on top of JDK changes, not sure it'd be a good idea to make a dependency update of that magnitude in a bug fix release, since it'd change the Infinispan version used, and you'd break all the standalone 4.3 users that have tweaked Infinispan configuration, they'd have to move to the more WF/AS-like XML configuration. Those using default would be fine since we could tweak the default configuration.

Cheers,

--
Galder Zamarreño
galder at redhat.com