[hibernate-dev] Checkstyle and ORM

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Mon May 18 15:48:33 EDT 2015

On 18 May 2015 at 19:44, Steve Ebersole <steve at hibernate.org> wrote:
> And see, this[1] is exactly the kind of thing I always try to avoid...  Why
> did y'all decide on that approach?

Personally I think the main reason is pride. Some contributors
explicitly asked me if it was ok to add their names, after they had
contributed several nice patches.

FYI I don't update it at each and every release, but when I do I do it
in batches by using the git log: append to existing file, pipe to sort
and pipe to uniq, remove some aliases for same person so it's a low
burden.

I have no idea if there are legal strings attached.

Sanne