[hibernate-dev] HCANN, AnnotationFactory and TCCL

Hardy Ferentschik hardy at hibernate.org
Thu May 28 05:31:22 EDT 2015

Hi,

On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 11:34:44PM -0500, Steve Ebersole wrote:
> The simplest potentially effects other HCANN consumers, so we'd obviously
> all need to agree.  Anyway, the simplest approach is to use the ClassLoader
> for annotation @interface Class rather than the TCCL.  I do not see a
> problem with that,

Right, seems reasonable to me.

> The only other workable approach (without redesign of HCANN) I could think
> of is to basically make a copy of AnnotationFactory and copy it into ORM.

For what it's worth, that's what Validator did. There we just needed the annotation
proxies and had no need for the whole ReflectionManager business. Also I wanted
to avoid another dependency.

In ORM the situation is a bit different. Just copying the AnnotationFactory does not
remove the need for commons annotations (sigh), so I guess I stick with the first
approach.

--Hardy