[hibernate-dev] ORM and database testing

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Thu May 28 09:44:15 EDT 2015

+1
I particularly like the idea of having H2 start/stop like any other db.

Regarding profiles, rather than running the build with a single
profile in "maven style", would it not be feasible to have one build
iterate on each configuration set?
For example:

 gradle test -PdbProfiles=mysql,h2,mssql

I'd expect that to do a single compilation phase, then loop on the
tests 3 times with different settings as needed. Not sure how easy it
would be to get unified reports out of there, but we want to consider
*the* build successful when it passes all profiles, rather than having
to monitor the output of multiple builds (and all related email spam).
In an ideal evolution then maybe we would also be able to mark some
tests which are database independent to not be repeated at all.

Thanks,
Sanne