[hibernate-dev] Hibernate ORM - next steps

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Fri May 29 13:50:05 EDT 2015

I think Andy wanted to take a look at developing just the support to
references values by position rather than by alias without waiting on the
bigger task.  I don't think that is possible; at the least it is A LOT of
work much of which might change later when we do work on the bigger task.

I know personally, time/resources aside, the biggest reason I have not
worked a lot on the bigger task (other than my initial work on the new
query parser) is because I had hoped a solution would present itself to the
Antlr 4 quandary.  But it hasn't and likely wont and I think Gunnar and
Sanne and I are all in agreement that it probably just makes sense to base
this work on Antlr 3.