[hibernate-dev] Feature proposal: Add Session-level batch size configuration

Mihalcea Vlad mih_vlad at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 4 11:18:09 EST 2015

Hi,
I was browsing the Hibernate code and realized that the Batch/Non-Batch decision is taken based on the value of the "hibernate.jdbc.batch_size" SessionFactory configuration.Wouldn't be more flexible if we allow the Session to have a setBathSize(int size) method to override the batching configuration on a Session-basis.This way we can fine-tune the batch size for each particular DAO method.
Any thoughts?

Vlad