[hibernate-dev] Filter activation

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Fri Nov 13 07:37:16 EST 2015

Well I like this idea (additional flag on @Filter) better the actual
request (multi-valued config setting).  And what about for the
@FilterDef(inition)?

One concern I have is, e.g., getting a collection with a filter enabled,
now disabling a filter and then initializing the collection.  That seems
like the outcome (the initialization will not be filtered) will not be what
was probably intended.  Filters were designed to be disabled by default and
only enable-able; so a change like this will challenge assumptions
throughout the code.

Is this something you are volunteering to work on?