[hibernate-dev] GitHub options to disable force pushing

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Tue Nov 24 10:58:47 EST 2015

Hi all,
GitHub now provides an option to:
 - prevent pushing with the "force" option to a specific branch
 - prevent people to delete a specific branch

Considering our workflow and also to prevent user mistakes, I think we
should enable them on the reference repositories (the ones in
github.com/hibernate ).

I did enable this for Hibernate Search. If someone has good reason to
want delete a branch or push with "force" it's just two clicks away to
disable it.. at least I feel confident against unintentional mistakes.

Thanks,