[hibernate-dev] [Hibernate Search] Checkstyle and Eclipse

Gunnar Morling gunnar at hibernate.org
Fri Sep 4 02:56:20 EDT 2015

Hi Flemming,

Ah yes, I think that's the issue which made me abandon the plug-in in
the end :/ It's just coming to my mind again.

The Eclipse plug-in does not know about the custom HSEARCH checks.
Apparently there is a way for achieving this (see
http://eclipse-cs.sourceforge.net/#!/custom-checks), but I decided to
not follow up on this and don't use CS in Eclipse for Hibernate
Search. But if you'd like that to give a go (and CS and the custom
checks still work via Maven, too), this would be interesting. For sure
the experience of instant feedback in the IDE is much nicer.

The custom checks are located here:
https://github.com/hibernate/hibernate-search/tree/master/build-config/src/main/java/org/hibernate/checkstyle

Cheers,

--Gunnar