[hibernate-dev] Bytecode enhancement and collections

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Thu Sep 10 18:34:18 EDT 2015

That depends on the "allow lazy loading outside transaction" setting, much
like how the outcome of `myEntity.getChildren().size()` depends on same in
the proxy solution.

If that is allowed, then the call will build the collection (from a
"temporary Session", just like the proxy solution works) and return that.

If not allowed, the the call will throw an exception
(LazyInitializationException to be precise).  I had thought of returning an
uninitialized PersistentCollection here, but no matter what you try to do
with that collection afterwards will fail.