[hibernate-dev] envers + classic QueryTranslator failing test

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Thu Sep 17 13:07:39 EDT 2015

This test was originally added for
https://hibernate.atlassian.net/browse/HHH-8497

I guess my first thought is to question is why this test exists at all.
It's really a question of whether we consider the classic HQL translator
"supported".  Stuff like this "parameter expected type" was developed
specifically as part of the Antlr translator.  The classic translator
simply does not know this information.

For what its worth, my $.02 to that question is that we should not support
the classic translator.  However...

But then I dug a little deeper.  Unless I missed it, you did not say
exactly which test (method) fails.  But I do not see a place where the user
is executing any HQL.  So that tells me this is potentially a problem
specifically in how envers builds a query internally somewhere.  And that,
if true, is something we should address.

So which test method specifically fails?