[hibernate-dev] No ValidatorFactory exposed through "javax.persistence.validation.factory" in WF 10 CR1

Hardy Ferentschik hardy at hibernate.org
Wed Sep 23 11:19:08 EDT 2015

Hi,

On Wed, Sep 23, 2015 at 02:36:05PM +0000, Steve Ebersole wrote:
> Its really a different discussion Hardy.  The discussion here is
> whether EntityManagerFactory().getProperties() should return values that
> were not passed in the Map when building the EntityManagerFactory.

Sure. Different, but related. The assumption in our test was that the properties
passed via the persistence bootstrap, are also then exposed via
EntityManagerFactory().getProperties(). This used to be the case and hence
the test passed.

> Yes the spec says that ValidatorFactory should be passed as part of the
> "configuration Map" when building the EMF.  However, WF does not do it that
> way.  Hibernate supports passing the ValidatorFactory in as part of the
> "configuration Map", but it also supports this proprietary 2-phase approach
> developed for WF.

Sure.

> All that said, there are other cases where we explicitly handle certain
> settings to be returned from EntityManagerFactory().getProperties().
> Things like Connection info defined in the persistence.xml we explicitly
> transfer into the Map backing EntityManagerFactory().getProperties().  So
> the question is whether a similar thing makes sense for ValidatorFactory.

I would think so. Being able to access the ValidatorFactory via EntityManagerFactory().getProperties()
makes sense to me. I would give it a +1

--Hardy