[hibernate-dev] 6.0 planning

Scott Marlow smarlow at redhat.com
Mon Apr 4 10:19:58 EDT 2016

On 04/04/2016 08:55 AM, Sanne Grinovero wrote:
> On 4 April 2016 at 12:59, Gunnar Morling <gunnar at hibernate.org> wrote:
>> One minor wish I'd have around bootstrapping:
>>
>> Can we make the initiators of services residing in the session factory
>> service registry discoverable by means of a ServiceContributor as it's
>> happening for services living in the standard registry?
>
> +1
> And this reminds me that it would be nice for some services, i.e. the
> JTA Platform, to be injected as an instance rather than as a String
> pointing to the fully qualified classname.
>
> WildFly would benefit from it to override some services without having
> to add them to the Hibernate ORM classpath, and it might help with
> bootstrap speed too.
>
> Scott, AFAIR this was your great idea. Is there a JIRA for it, or
> could you create one for 6?

 From an earlier discussion:

"
hibernate.cache.region.factory_class is currently used by Jipijapa to
specify the name of the cache region factory class name. I think this
implies that the Hibernate ORM classloader will need access to the
Jipijapa supplied class (as mentioned above). Currently, in WildFly 10,
the ORM module (org.hibernate:main) depends on the
org.hibernate.jipijapa-hibernate5:main module to resolve this class.
"

Steve made similar changes for other properties (years ago I think) but
not all properties were updated to allow class instances to be specified
(in addition to class name).  So, it was really Steve Ebersole's great
idea, not mine :)