[hibernate-dev] Master

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Fri Apr 8 10:38:12 EDT 2016

On 8 April 2016 at 15:04, Scott Marlow <smarlow at redhat.com> wrote:
> I'm curious if Search/OGM master branches would likely align with 5.2?
> Or some other branch?

Good question, time for an update on these.

We'll certainly have a version of Search compatible, at some point.
Not sure though about which version that shall be as we want to be
feature complete with our Elasticsearch work, and that will take a
couple more months at least so we'll see a bit longer than usual gap
between stable releases.

Generally speaking we need at least a minor release for OGM or Search
to happen to upgrade the minor of ORM.
Since we didn't release yet, Search is still building with ORM 5.0.x
as a target.. we can then decide if we should skip ORM 5.1 and jump to
5.2 when we'll be closer to the 5.6.0.Final release (of Search). As
far as I know only some test helpers broke though, so while I couldn't
test it all on both versions 5.0 and 5.1 of ORM, I think that they are
compatible at runtime and we also expect to be compatible with ORM
5.2.

With OGM we're now in candidate release phase for a ORM 5.0 compatible
version so not really thinking to bump it to ORM 5.1 yet.

OGM tends to release less frequently, so in this case it is possible
that we might want to skip ORM 5.1 and go on 5.2 already to catch up,
but we can work on aiming a specific version if and when need arises.

If you need any of these aligned let us know?

Thanks,
Sanne