[hibernate-dev] Various expectation changes in hibernate-core after consolidating hibernate-entitymanager

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Sat Apr 23 10:29:51 EDT 2016

Just realized that I should have mentioned an important plan that helps
understand the idea behind the "exception handling strategy" route.  I plan
to keep track of how a SessionFactory was bootstrapped in some fashion.  So
when it was bootstrapped from EntityManagerFactoryBuilder (which JPA
bootstrap methods leverage) we'd select the "JPA exception handling"
strategy impl.  When not, we'd use the "legacy Hibernate exception
handling" strategy.