[hibernate-dev] [HSEARCH] Google Summer of Code: JSR 352 batch job for re-indexing entities

Mincong Huang mincong.h at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 14:20:30 EDT 2016

Hi everyone,

I’m Mincong, an engineering student from France. I’m glad to present my
Google Summer of Code 2016 project, which provides an alternative
to the current mass indexer implementation of Hibernate Search, using
the Java Batch architecture (JSR 352). I’ve been working on this project
for 4 months. You can see the blog post in the below link:

http://in.relation.to/2016/08/22/new-implementation-of-mass-indexer-using-jsr-352/

I want to express to each of you my heartfelt thanks.

My mentor, Gunnar Morling for his involvement, advice and availability
throughout the project. He’s always well-prepared before the next meeting
and understand the context quickly. His advices are concise and very
useful. I highly recommend him as a mentor for any other GSoC students.

My mentor, Emmanuel. He's my second mentor during the holiday of
Gunnar. He did a great job too. We’ve 2 physical meetups at Paris and he
brought many advices in the persistence side, which ensures the code
quality and introduces some new algorithms for the project.

All the members of Hibernate Search. It was a fantastic and rewarding
experience. I'll stay with you and contribute more source code to this
project and probably other projects of hibernate.

Best regards,
Mincong Huang