[hibernate-dev] [SEARCH] Translating analyzer definitions from HSearch to Elasticsearch

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Tue Dec 13 09:12:34 EST 2016

Adding a "name" attribute to the @TokenizerDef annotation seems like a
good idea.

Make it an optional attribute of course, we can throw an exception if
it's missing and ES is being used, while maintaining compatibility
with existing apps using Lucene.
Perhaps you could be slightly forgiving in certain situations - I
guess you could use the fully qualified classname for example when
it's used only once - but your choice to see if that little benefit is
a worthy trade-off to implement.

Rather than documenting that this is useless for Lucene, we might even
take advantage of that (eventually) for some diagnostics messages /
tooling / debugging?
Not suggesting you do that now, just justifying that the "name"
attribute isn't entirely out of scope even for the Lucene embedded
case.

+1 to defer separating the filter chains into named, reusable
components: that can wait.

Thanks,
Sanne