[hibernate-dev] SQM - PoC design doc

andrea boriero andrea at hibernate.org
Wed Dec 21 01:28:23 EST 2016

I think it should return the Columns
that reports the physical Table for its Table.

On 20 Dec 2016 22:02, "Steve Ebersole" <steve at hibernate.org> wrote:

Christian provided some good feedback on the HipChat channel and we have
started a discussion about those there.

I have run into a new one specific to union-subclasses and building the
Table/Column structures for these.  The problem is that we need 2
distinction understandings of the Tables for these entities:
1) Is the union query used for selects.
2) is the physical hierarchy tables for DML operations

The problem comes from the fact that Column holds a link to its Table.
Here we'd have to create duplicated columns, one for the union-query table
and one for the physical tables.  And then we'd have to do the same for
things that expose columns.  For example, if I ask the "identifier
descriptor" for a union-subclass entity for its columns, do I get the
Columns that report the union-query as its Table?  Or do I get the Columns
that report the physical Table for its Table?