[hibernate-dev] Dealing with CI failures due to javadoc warnings during spikes

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Thu Feb 25 06:24:29 EST 2016

We're doing fast iterations on the experimental Elasticsearch support
for Hibernate Search,
and by doing so there have been introduced temporary changes so we can
make progress while sharing code with each other.

CI is used to highly polished code, so it's failing the builds for
petty warning like an @arg or @return missing on a javadoc documented
method.

I'm proposing to disable this validation and open a JIRA to fix all
javadocs at the end of the iteration, i.e. making it a blocker task
for a candidate release, yet ignore them until we get so far.

Or would you rather try to keep javadoc polished during the process?

Thanks,