[hibernate-dev] Question regarding the JPA 1.0 decision of making ToOne associations as EAGER

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Sun Feb 28 13:05:05 EST 2016

But to me that is not a reason EAGER is the default.  As the passage says,
LAZY is just a hint.  So for a provider that does not support LAZY, EAGER
would be used instead anyway.  No, some of the EG members specifically
argued for wanting to-one associations to be EAGER by default.  IMO it was
a bad decision.  But the majority rule.