[hibernate-dev] Oracle12cDialect identity support

Gail Badner gbadner at redhat.com
Tue Jan 5 21:52:13 EST 2016

I was mistaken when I said that an IDENTITY ID will be created when using
@GeneratedValue or @GeneratedValue(strategy= GenerationType.AUTO). With
hibernate.id.new_generator_mappings set to true by default in 5.0 and 5.1,
a SequenceStyleGenerator will be used instead.

Currently, the default for "native" ID generator mapped in hbm.xml uses an
IDENTITY if the dialect supports an IDENTITY. This will be overridden in
Oracle12cDialect as we've been discussing.