[hibernate-dev] Quoting JPA specs

Vlad Mihalcea mihalcea.vlad at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 05:42:17 EST 2016

Hi,

For the Hibernate docs it might be fine since it's non-profit derivative
work.
But I always follow this rule on my blog or in my book because it's better
to be safe than sorry.
The "fair use" might give you a safety hook but ultimately it is the
license agreement that matters the most.

In the JPA spec case we are fine because of the following clause:

"(iii) excerpting
brief portions of the Specification in oral or written communications which
discuss the Specification provided
that such excerpts do not in the aggregate constitute a significant portion
of the Specification."

Vlad