[hibernate-dev] 5.1 tentative release date

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Thu Jan 14 15:35:23 EST 2016

On 14 January 2016 at 15:16, Petar Tahchiev <paranoiabla at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I don't think it's a travesty - I actually use ehcache 2.x now :)
> Thanks Sanne - I'll research infinispan more. One other thing - I see
> there's a module hibernate-infinispan here:
>
> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/hibernate/hibernate-infinispan/
>
> and inside I see they are using the 7.2.1.Final version.
>
> Here's an idea - is it possible the hibernate team to provide a BOM with all
> the versions definied. Just like the Drools team
> and the Spring team has provided. This way if I want to upgrade the
> hibernate version, I would simply upgrade the Bom
> version and this will eventually upgrade the EHCache, Infinispan,
> jboss-logger, hikaricp, c3p0 or any other module to a compatible
> version. I think this would help a lot, not just me but also any other users
> out there.

I don't think a BOM would help you in this case.
you just need to depend on :
org.hibernate:hibernate-core:5.0.7.Final
org.hibernate:hibernate-infinispan:5.0.7.Final

and use the dependencies that these provide.
The only thing you have to be careful about is this '5.0.7.Final' is
the same for all your libraries from Hibernate ORM, but that's easily
done with a property.

Thanks,
Sanne