[hibernate-dev] No Hibernate Search version compatible with Hibernate ORM 5.2.0.Final

Gunnar Morling gunnar at hibernate.org
Mon Jun 20 07:03:24 EDT 2016

What changes are we talking here specifically? Have they been done
intentionally or by accident?

For the better or worse, ORM - so far - doesn't stick to SemVer rules, so I
don't think we should revert anything which has been changed on purpose.
Different story for accidental changes of course.

In HSEARCH we are using a tool named "japicmp" (
http://siom79.github.io/japicmp/) for creating a report with changed public
API/SPIs. Running this prior to a release - comparing to the last stable
version - helps to detect any unintentional changes and create a public
report / migration notes for intentionally changed things.