[hibernate-dev] Module ZIP for upgrading Hibernate ORM in WildFly

Scott Marlow smarlow at redhat.com
Mon Jun 27 12:03:15 EDT 2016

On 06/27/2016 11:44 AM, Sanne Grinovero wrote:
> On 27 June 2016 at 16:23, Scott Marlow <smarlow at redhat.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> That dependency to org.hibernate:main from org.jboss.as.ejb3 still looks
>>> a bit scary. My simple test passes, not sure whether that may be a
>>> problem in other cases, though?
>>>

>> Sorry, I missed this part of your email.  EJB3 timers are using Hibernate
>
> Thanks Scott, that sounds reassuring. May we assume that this is not
> exported in any way to user's classpath?

Doesn't appear to be exported to the clients classpath.

> Also, I see no instance of a "import org.hibernate" string in those
> sources. Am I understanding correctly that the dependency is there
> just to have a JPA implementation,
> and while it happens to be tested with Hibernate, the dependency is
> actually flexible?

org.jboss.as.ejb3.timerservice.persistence.database.DatabaseTimerPersistence
[1] appears to be purely JPA based.  DDL/DML appears to be in [2].

Scott

[1]
https://github.com/wildfly/wildfly/blob/master/ejb3/src/main/java/org/jboss/as/ejb3/timerservice/persistence/database/DatabaseTimerPersistence.java

[2]