[hibernate-dev] Java 1.8-specific code in hibernate-infinispan

Vlad Mihalcea mihalcea.vlad at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 04:52:30 EST 2016

Although Java 1.8 has seen a great adoption rate, on the enterprise side
things always move very slowly.

https://twitter.com/Hibernate/status/700998618824753152

Anyway, we shouldn't be stuck with 1.6 just because some legacy systems
might not never migrate to a newer version.

Other frameworks are also considering this move, like Spring 5.0. In my
opinion, Hibernate 6.0 should also use 1.8.

Vlad