[hibernate-dev] Running/Debugging tests on any database without the matrix-testing

Vlad Mihalcea mihalcea.vlad at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 05:53:39 EDT 2016

Hi,

I pushed the PR that enables us to easily switch from one DB to another
during testing.

I summarized the whole process here
<https://developer.jboss.org/wiki/HowToRundebugTestsWithoutUsingTheHibernate-matrix>
.

Because of a bug in Wiki platform (when I edit I see an old version and not
the current one), I'll add an extra option which I found the simplest of
all.

Considering I want to run a unit test on the hibernate-core and the current
hibernate.properties was generated for H2.

1. I usually delete
it: hibernate-orm\hibernate-core\target\resources\test\hibernate.properties
2. Then I run gradle processTestResources -Pdb=pgsql
3. Afterwards, I can simply run the test on my IDE and it will use
PostgreSQL

Let me know what you think.

Vlad