[hibernate-dev] JTA platform configuration: Hibernate OGM on WildFly

Gunnar Morling gunnar at hibernate.org
Tue Mar 29 10:50:29 EDT 2016

> When using Hibernate OGM on WildFly it's currently necessary to set
> this property:
>
>     hibernate.transaction.jta.platform = JBossAS
>
> 1 -- Would you all be ok for me to add a "WildFly" alias which
> resolves to the same implementation?
> This would be a patch for Hibernate ORM so it affects everyone.
> I'm not proposing (yet) to remove or deprecate the old value.

Yeah, I was wondering the same when seeing your PR.

When is it required to be specified, though? Assuming 2. is done - in which
case would a user have to set the platform explicitly to that impl?

> 2 -- Could JipiJapa help so that end users don't need to set this?
>
> We had plans for OGM support for JipiJapa, this could be a good time
> to refresh that idea?

There is some awareness of OGM in JipiJapa already; I don't remember the
details, but when we changed the slot id for OGM a while ago, that required
an update in JipiJapa, too. Scott will know more.

For sure it would be great if specifying the JTA platform wasn't necessary
when using OGM on WF. I suppose it'd help to file a WFLY issue to capture
the discussion and required actions.